Time to start

Well, I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. Not sure where it will take us, but I guess it is time to join the blogosphere. At the very least, it will give us the chance to keep up with everybody a little better and post pictures on a more regular basis.

For beginners, here is Andrew at 4 months. He's such a cute little guy. Hard to believe this picture was taken just 11 days after he had open heart surgery.


Andrew is doing well. He is very good natured and generally content. As for an update, Andrew had an echocardiogram a couple of days ago. Nothing has changed since his last check-up. This means that he still has moderate leakage in one of his valves and light leakage in another. There is no intervention being scheduled or even contemplated right now aside from keeping him at his current dosage levels with his medications.

If his body tolerates the leakage, then nothing will ever have to be done. If not...then we will see. We truly have to watch day by day and it could be years before we know what is happening. I was reminded recently of the verse below from Deuteronomy 29:29.

"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Comments

Steve said…
Great to see you blogging away. I will check regularly, especially for more cute photos of all the kids.

See you tomorrow night!
Mark said…
Oh, I'm so glad to hear things are going well. Still got Andrew's pic on my desktop. But I love this one even more.
Shanahan Family said…
Glad to see you blogging!! And glad to hear Andrew is doing well!!