Well, it's time to catch you all up again. Just been busy with the kids and random activities. Here are a few.
Back at the end of December, Andrew began eating solid food. This is one of his first meals, Sauerkraut Soup. I am sure it sounds like a crazy food to many of you, but it is a traditional meal in Slovakia for Christmas and it is quite tasty. Even Andrew likes it.


Many people have been asking for Andrew updates, so here is some info. Aside from some continually leaky valves, he is doing great! He will likely need to be on some sort of heart medication for many years, if not the rest of his life. He is ok with that for now, though. He is active, happy, and healthy. He had his first cold a couple of weeks ago which made us a little nervous, but he did fine. No RSV, which is a huge thank you, God.
Here he is catching some tummy time.

Andrew is seven months old! Here he is in his favorite position. Whenever we hold him in a sitting position, or have him sit on a couch or anywhere else, he does everything he can to push himself back. Kind of funny.

Here are Sue and Andrew one recent weekend morning. Aren't they cute?

Here is the little guy in his new jumpy thing. We were looking around for a jumpy thing (I don't know what they are actually called, but "jumpy thing" works for me) or a saucer thing or a walker thing. Tough to find a good one without spending a bunch of money. I found this at Target (I really don't like that store - it is WAY too red). It was half what the other stores were charging. Half! He loves to be in here and play with the toys.

I asked Andrew what he was excited about a couple of days ago. I was pleasantly surprised by his answer. He said "Daddy" (that's what he calls me), "I am so excited that the pitchers and catchers are reporting this weekend for spring training". Then he made this prediction. "Daddy, this is the year the Cubs win the World Series". He's such a precious kid.


Sue was eating some soup recently and came across this piece of celery. Maybe we should have sold it on ebay. Man, we could have made thousands from this. Oh well, Sue was hungry.

Finally, I will leave with this one. This winter the kids have had a great time out in the snow. They have made some fantastic forts, had snowball fights, made huge snowballs, snow angels, and just had an all-around good time. In addition, Alex has gotten in his head to make manger scenes in different ways. He has been very creative. It is so great to see one of our kids do something like this completely unprompted. God is reaching him and I cannot wait to see his future unfold.
Comments