Scuba

I know the cliche about how unbelievably fast your kids grow up. I have even cited it a few times myself. However, I think it is only very recently that I am beginning to fully realize how quickly they really do grow up.


Last week we went to a Scuba expo. We have been there a couple of times in previous years and we have mostly just looked around at the different diving locations around the world being advertised. They have kids crafts that can be done, they can meet an underwater photographer and take home one of her pictures, the Coast Guard has a boat you can look in, but mainly it is just looking around. This year, that all changed for one of the kids.

Our oldest is almost 10. New worlds are opening up to him. Exciting new opportunities and adventures. I am so grateful that I get to share some of these with him. This year at the expo, Alex got to experience Scuba for himself. Ok, it was in a pool instead of the Gulf of Mexico, but hey, it was a big pool.


Here is some of the video footage. Much appreciation to my Dad and Steven Curtis Chapman for their assistance.

Comments

suzyqlib said…
Hello from California. Loved watching the scuba video. The family looks great. You are all such loving people. Some of our family will be at the Collins Family Reunion on June 28. Hope to see you all there.

Love Cousin, Sue